Monday, March 31, 2014

Bead Soup in Crayons

I decided to share my BSBP elation in cartoon style. Home bound with a recovering puppy gave me all the time in the world to explore beading options and commit the process to paper and crayon.


Waiting for the package is just hands down the most fun part. Even if your partner sends you 100x more than your wildest dream, your wildest dreams are pretty cool. In this illustration I try to capture this anticipation.

 
Then comes disbelief, I really felt honored to get all these beads, and I love green, texture, variety, this Soup had it all. But the focal was the showstopper. I had seen Cindy use it on other jewelry on her blog Cindy's Art and Soul, Yes I had hoped for one. Bam. There it was, the Om sign focal.

 
To get a feel of the similar but vastly different beads, I played with them, lined them up, scattered them and finally I drew them. Granted I was home bound with a sick Puppy and time was no problem, so drawing the beads killed time sufficiently.

 
As I drew the beads, combinations came into my head. I always string my focals in the same predictable way so I started thinking about a pin. One big heavy pin. Or a honker necklace. So I played with the stones and wire.
 
The result surprised me and although I had a starting point I quickly deviated from the original idea. But you will have to wait for the reveal to see what the heck I made from Cindy's very generous Bead Soup Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment